Title : Diet, food, and nutrition: Navigating the future of healthcare and humankind through the healing power of nature
Significantly and scientifically, the cycle of Food, Nutrition and Diet is like the “Holy Trinity – Father, Son and the Holy Spirit”. For Christians, we all know that they are inseparable and that they need to exist equally – no one is greater or lesser than the other. Methodically, the presentation aim is about the field of diet, food and nutrition In navigating the future of healthcare and humankind through the healing power of nature. Over the last twenty years, revolutionary changes in health service and consumer needs have caused a major increase of health costs in the developing, underdeveloped, and developed countries. Many of the population of all age groups get either food insecure and/or health disparities. The worst case scenario is the continued cycle of hunger, poverty, malnutrition, and nutrition misinformation. The future of humankind’s healthcare is at risk unless traditional medicine, ethnomedicine, and natural therapies – an adjunct to an ancient medicine and not biomedicine --- get into the picture. A combination of therapies within the field of traditional, ethnomedicine, natural therapies, food as medicine, and the healing power of nature can provide a priceless return of investment (ROI) towards survival. Through lecture, storytelling, case studies, metaphors, demonstrations, and role-playing, this presenter will provide strategies into the connection and importance of food, nutrition, and diet (FND) in this educational journey.
Nutrition is a science and art of identifying how foods sustain and nourish the body -- no one can ever separate foods from nutrition. Nutrition starts in the mouth after foods are consumed, digested, and metabolized. Because of this presenter’s mission, vision and personal commitment to the profession, she is always driven and motivated to see results from her labor of love. This presenter is at ease and is comfortable to discuss this topic and share what she knows for more than forty years in the profession for all different stages of life in all their food, nutrition and dietary needs. for the 6th Edition of International Conference on Traditional Medicine, Ethnomedicine, and Natural Therapies. She has a hope of changing participants’ perspectives on the simplicity and/or complexities of diet. food and nutrition. Navigating the future of traditional, ethnomedicine and natural therapies is anchoring what we are doing now. To meet our goal, we must initiate, innovate, and collaborate with all the other areas of TM through the healing power of nature, food, nutrition and diet.
Audience Take Away Notes:
- In this presentation, the audience will be able to see the difference between food, nutrition, diet and their interrelationships in navigating the future of healthcare and humankind through the healing power of nature.
- This presentation will help the audience in their job by creating, inspiring, and being continuously motivating while working.
- The audience will be able to enumerate teaching methods to illustrate what happens to meals once eaten.
- Additionally, this presentation can be a model for further research, and other faculty can use it to expand their research or teaching.
- Lastly, this presentation can provide practical strategies and solutions to problems that could simplify or make the dietitian’s job more efficient.