Nidra Yoga, an almost forgotten knowledge dating back to several centuries is a study of the human mind using 4 main types of exercise: Sithilikarana (3 levels of deep relaxation), Dharana (12 degrees of tension free concentration), Prana Kriya Sadhana (8 types of breathing) and Svadhyaya (using the rational thinking for exploration of the content of consciousness)When all these 4 practices are working together, the mind reaches a state of deep silence bringing a kind of resetting within the mind and the brain, re balancing the whole psycho physiological processes. Ultimately might appear a state of perception where there is more conflicts and division.The study “NIDRA & BRAIN” done through the University of Pisa/Italy will show practical examples of what can be realized by this century’s old practice.
Audience Take Away Notes:
- The lecture will be followed by a short practical session where the audience will experience the 1st level of very deep relaxation and the 1st degree of tension free concentration.
- Opening to a new way for understanding the human brain functions linked to consciousness.
- Linking together the old traditional knowledge and the contemporary scientific understandings.
- Discovering practical methodology for very important stress reducing.
- Developing an accurate sensitivity helping to integrate both rational thinking and sensitive perception.